If you’re looking to recreate the mouthwatering goodness of Aristocrat’s Chicken BBQ at home, you’re in for a treat! This recipe captures the savory and slightly sweet flavors that make Aristocrat’s chicken barbecue a Filipino culinary favorite.
The combination of soy sauce, calamansi juice, and other delicious ingredients creates a marinade that infuses the chicken with a perfect blend of flavors. Grilling the marinated chicken imparts a smoky char, enhancing its appeal.
Whether you’re familiar with Aristocrat’s Chicken BBQ or trying it for the first time, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings for authentic Filipino barbecue. Get ready to embark on a culinary journey and savor the taste of this iconic dish in the comfort of your own kitchen!
Aristocrat Chicken BBQ Recipe
Certainly! Here’s a simple Aristocrat-style Chicken BBQ recipe for you:
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup calamansi juice (or lemon juice as a substitute)
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- Bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, calamansi juice, oyster sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and pineapple juice to create the marinade.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large resealable plastic bag or a marinating dish. Pour half of the marinade over the chicken, ensuring each piece is well-coated. Reserve the other half of the marinade for basting.
- Seal the bag or cover the dish and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight for maximum flavor.
- Preheat your grill or oven to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto the soaked bamboo skewers.
- Brush the grill with cooking oil to prevent sticking. Grill the chicken skewers, turning occasionally and basting with the reserved marinade, until the chicken is fully cooked and has a nice char on the outside.
- Serve the Aristocrat-style Chicken BBQ hot with rice or your favorite side dishes.
Enjoy your delicious Aristocrat Chicken BBQ!
Frequently Asked Question for Aristocrat Chicken BBQ Recipe
Q: Can I use a different cut of chicken for this recipe?
A: While the recipe is traditionally made with bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, you can experiment with other cuts like drumsticks or boneless, skinless thighs. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Q: Can I substitute calamansi juice with something else?
A: If calamansi juice is not available, you can use lemon or lime juice as a substitute. It will provide a similar citrusy brightness to the marinade.
Q: How long should I marinate the chicken?
A: For the best flavor, marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours. However, overnight marination in the refrigerator enhances the taste and tenderness of the chicken.
Q: Can I use a different method to cook the chicken if I don’t have a grill?
A: Yes, you can use an oven or stovetop grill pan as alternatives. Adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.
Q: What side dishes pair well with Aristocrat Chicken BBQ?
A: Traditional Filipino sides like garlic rice, atchara (pickled green papaya), or a simple green salad complement the dish well. Feel free to explore and pair it with your favorite sides.
Q: Can I freeze the marinated chicken for later use?
A: Yes, you can freeze the marinated chicken for later use. Just make sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before grilling.
Q: Can I use the marinade as a dipping sauce?
A: It’s not recommended to use the marinade as a dipping sauce since it has come into contact with raw chicken. Instead, reserve some of the marinade before adding it to the chicken for basting.
Feel free to adapt and customize the recipe to your preferences!